LIBRARYThe Library has
- Total area of the library (in Sq. Mts.): 600 Sq. Mts.
- Total seating capacity: 100.
- Working hours (on working days, on holidays, before examination days, during examination days, during vacation):
- Monday to Friday: 10:00 AM- 5 PM.
- Saturday: 10:00 AM- 1 PM.
- Layout of the library:
- Reading carrels.
- Lounge Area.
- Xerox facility.
- Back Volume Facility.
- IT Facility
- Periodical and Magazine Sections.
- Archive Section.
The College has a library advisory committee. Its composition is:
- The Principal
- Teaching Faculty nominated by the Principal
- Head of the Departments
- The Librarian as the Secretary.
The functions of the committee are the following:
- To approve of the annual budget for the library.
- To address issues and grievances pertaining to library matters
- To make the library student-friendly
Significant initiatives that have been implemented:
- Introduction of Smart-Card for students and staff users.
- Extension of Working Hours to Saturday.
- Internet facility
- Earn While You Learn Scheme for students coming from economically weaker sections.
- Book fairs are also organized annually by the Library Dept on the 11th of August which is observed ad the Library Day.
- Book Bank and Dept. Book facilities are provided
Library Holdings as on October 31st 2016
- Text books : 22,354
- Reference Books/Journals/ Periodicals : 30
- e-resources : N-List resources from Inflibnet